The quilt is finished. It didn't take as long as I thought and came out just fine. I didn't put any binding around the edges because that would have covered up some of the ads, so I just serged the edges. I am thinking of offering this in kits that would include batting and backing and/or selling these to home-schoolers who teach Tulsa history. This particular quilt will eventually be donated to the Tulsa Historical Society's Educational Dept. to be used as a teaching tool.
I took some of the most interesting ads and designed some tea towels that turned out nicely.
I added a little something extra at the bottom, so that when it is folded, this shows: